Sunday, March 11, 2007

Nice Apse.*
A few days ago I got my letter of acceptance from the residence I applied to live in. I am apartment-bound, for real. I'm so excited. An apartment. An apartment with roommates, which makes me a little apprehensive but still - it's an apartment, and I am going to live there and not here and that is a terribly strange thought, but one that I think I could get used to.
I've been dancing a lot - two weekends in a row of performances. I'm glad, though. It feels good. It feels like this is something I've been waiting for, or something I might have somehow earned. I took a ballet class last Sunday. It was lovely and terrifying. I used muscles I didn't even know I had, and felt their dull ache for a week afterward.
I went to a homeless shelter on Friday night. We served a meal there. I was nervous, but it was a really good night. The people there were so appreciative - I think I heard more thank-you's in that one night than I had in the entire rest of the week combined.
It's been feeling like spring outside lately, and I am so glad. I leave for Rome in less than two weeks. I'm so, so excited. I can't wait.
*1.
Architecture. a semicircular or polygonal termination or recess in a building, usually vaulted and used esp. at the end of a choir in a church.



Hailey spazzed at 9:29:00 a.m.

***


Comments:
Hey missy, your birthday is coming up, AND you're going to Rome(!!!). You have so much to look forward to!!

That's awesome you got accepted. We're going to be university students together!!

Scary!!

I hope you have a good weekend!
 
And you're going to Africa! (Actually, I think you're leaving tomorrow...?)

You know what I was thinking? When we're in university, we'll probably see each other a heck of a lot more often than we do now. Which is another thing to look forward to...

I miss you.
Have a safe trip in Africa and say hi to the elephants for me.
 
Yes, I do leave tomorrow. It has happened so fast! I'm not sure if I'll see any elephants, but I'll be sure to say hello to my camel for you!

I hope you have a lovely time in Rome. It's amazing! You have to go do all the highlights. And whatever you do, do not shop near the Spanish Steps. It is very expensive, and there is so much more shopping other than there.

Take lot's of pictures for me, and we can have a grand get together and share out experiences (Quebec, and our Europe trips!!)

I miss you so much, and I cannot wait to see you. (very good point about the university thing, we will be able to see each other a whole lot more!)

MISS YOU!!
BON VOYAGE!!
 
Post a Comment